Foundations Life Group with Voyta and Laura Sailer
Meeting on Wednesday evening –
Foundations Life Group meets on Wednesdays for all new folks at Christ Church Lewisville. Sign-up now so you can secure a spot!
- This Life Group is for:
- Those who have never been through Foundations
- Those who may wish to recommit their faith.
- Those desiring to become covenant members of CCL.
- Those wanting to explore Anglicanism further.
- Those who desire to be confirmed into the Anglican Church.
- If you desire to attend this Life Group, or have questions, please connect with Voyta and Laura
Longstreth’s Life Group
Meeting on Thursday evenings
Janet and I have enjoyed the Daily Office as a daily prayer/fellowship together. Family “devotions” were always hard to do in a consistent way. If we had discovered the Daily Office early in our marriages, it would have been a great help to accomplish this goal. People who attend this Life Group may also find it a helpful source for their family devotion time too.
Sunday’s Scriptures start in the Old Testament, move from the Prophets, through the Psalms and Epistles and finally end up in the Gospel (hopefully with Jesus.) I liken this process to the conversation Jesus had with the two disciples on the Road to Emmaus.
“And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.”
The purpose of this group is:
1. To provide tools for an effective Inductive (Observation, Interpretation, Application and Testimony) Bible Study
2. To introduce Sunday’s Daily Office Scriptures as the study source.
3. To prepare for Sunday’s worship through fellowship, prayer and study together.
4. To discover the “God-breathed” content, context and connection of the Daily office Scriptures for Sunday.
If you are interested in joining this Life Group in the Fall Semester, contact Janet and Bruce or call/text them at (209) 403-5943.